Although ESP Packaging is based in Southern California (what can we say, we love the sunshine!), Elizabeth was born and raised in NW Portland, and she loves to connect with her Oregon customers large and small. Every fall she visits Portland and since starting ESP Packaging, has been reaching out to packaging companies for one on one meetings in Portland.
Oregon, along with their Northern pal, Washington, has been a vanguard for medical and recreational marijuana use outside of Colorado. The state of Oregon has been thoughtful all the way, making responsible choices that protect patients, the public, and particularly children. It’s an exciting time, and The Oregonian has a whole section dedicated to the topic so you can get the latest information here.
Oregon’s Governor Kate Brown just signed two state bills into law to expand and make the system more fair and safe.
- SB 1598 adds medical and research marijuana grows as recognized farm crops.
- The bill also clarifies that home medical marijuana grows aren’t subject to inspection by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
- HB 4014 removes a two-year residency requirement for recreational marijuana producers, processors and retailers.
- Reduces annual medical marijuana card registration fees for veterans from $200 to $20. A 90% off sale!
- Allows all marijuana establishments to deduct business expenses allowable under the federal tax code when filing state tax returns.
To read the entire article, please click here.
If you are an Oregon MJ grower, producer, or dispensary owner looking for packaging solutions, don’t be a stranger! We’d love to send you samples or get you a quote for custom bags or print projects. We work with start ups and well-established businesses–but everyone is treated like a big shot. ESP Packaging wants to see you succeed.